Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Giant Talking Point

If you liked Palin before the debate you love her now. I you did not like Palin before the debate you were cleaning up vomit off of the floor afterwards. With what she had to work with she did very well. We had very low standards for her and she did not fall on her face. The problem is she took no chances. SHE WAS ONE BIG TALKING POINT OVER AND OVER AGAIN. She did not answer many questions. She change the topic on questions that she could not answer and began to talk about energy and taxes OVER AND OVER AGAIN. She made small mistakes on a few facts and could not speak to details. The media will point out the factual mistakes (Who the hell is General McCullen?). She just spoke in generalities. This sounds like the Bush administration, more of the same all over again.

What Palin did do well was trying to distance McCain form Bush and this was a good strategy. Palin did well but the bull crap was spread thick and the fact it was bull crap will not make anyone change sides. It would have been a home run if she got off the TALKIN POINTS and answered a few questions without the TALKING POINTS, but then she may have fallen on her face. There were times I am sure she did not even hear the question before she began the TALKING POINTS. I must correct myself and state the Sara Palin did not end her career in this debate. Did you guys know John McCain was a war hero? McCain the ball in your court and it is time to play catch up.

7 comments:

cube said...

I thought Biden outdid himself. A full 90 minutes of debate time and he managed only 16 misrepresentations of the truth. That must be a record for the old gaffemaster.

shannon said...

i was cleaning up vomit.

also, you forgot the "f" after the "I" in the second sentence (think it's the second sentence at least).

Unknown said...

She was awesome, wasn't she? I almost asked my wife to leave the room for a few minutes. :)

Anonymous said...

Lieutenant General Thomas H. McMullen is commander of Aeronautical Systems Division, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.

Why?

ep said...

It is plain false to say that Biden lied 16 times....unless you go to the John McCain website. Check a 3rd Party source for more balance.

I agreed with your "Giant Talking Point" post. I have an analysis on my blog as well, would love to know your thoughts:
http://anotherdamnblog.com/index.php/review-of-the-vp-debate/

Tony W said...

EP you have a great blog. What's wrong with the FOX Poll? I hope you do not mind if I use that Palin "Wink" photo! There is a difference between a gaffe and a lie. Biden may have gaffed Palin was given lies to Regurgitate.

coolingstar9 said...

I saw her debate, quite good.