Friday, August 31, 2007

Lost Cell Phone!


I recently lost my Cell Phone. A Motorola Moto Q. I was going to the bank ATM and somehow it dropped into the street. I realized it about an hour later. Knowing how the world is I just chalked it up as a lost. Then I remembered recently returning a lost iPhone I found at Newark Liberty Airport. Remember how happy that person will be when the Phone was returned. I must add that that was a nice Phone; Steve Jobs have done it again. I said to my self "Than must have built some brownie points for me somewhere". I went back to the bank and there was no Phone. I went home and called the Phone many times and got voice mail. Then someone hung-up on me about ten times. Then I sent the phone voice and text messages that I would be offering a reward for its return. Now guess what happens! Finally I got a voice on the Phone. People really suck! Unfortunately I could not hear the person well. So I yelled the phone number at my location several times into the phone and waited. I forgot to mention about the $50 dollar reward I yelled also. Finally the low life called me back. I call him a low life because of the following. My phone rings and the voice on the phone say "Yeah" in a monotone voice. This kind of pissed me off. Then I say "Are you calling about the lost Cell Phone"? He says "Yeah" again. Now I have visions of meeting this guy and throwing him an old fashioned beating. Unfortunately I'm somewhat civilized. I said that I was unable to hear him and asked if the Phone was damaged. This was likely because it must have fell in the street when I saw getting out of the car. He says maybe. This began to sound like a back door drug deal so I assured him that I would pay the reward regardless of the condition of the phone. He gave me his location and I go there. He's out front with another guy that has a bat! You know where I wanted to store that bat! But the civilized thing came into play. We made the exchange in a 007, Good Fellas, New Jack City fashion and my faith in humanity dropped another notch. The Phone had been run over by a car and was toast. I purchased that Phone at full price less that 24Hrs before it was lost. My original phone died and I did not have protection. Paying $50 for the return of a smashed Phone was still worth it. I just spent $60 for the extended battery 3Hrs before it was lost. The leather case was worth $35 and I need to sync the info on the phone and that was priceless. Now that I have protection on this phone lets see what happens. Ironically I recently gave a long speech about the reason I returned the wildly popular lost iPhone to my 13 year old son. He insisted that I should have kept it and gave it to him. He walked a way accepting the lesson but not really buying it. Now he looks at me with an "I Told You So" smile but we will have another talk soon. Oh did I mention that people suck!

No comments: